Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grilled Sweet and Tangy Pork Chops

So, I got to page 5 of my 15 page paper today. I had only aimed for page 3 so I am really happy with my progress. So far the information I have come up with is very interesting and once the paper is finished, I might be willing to post about it.

In celebration of my progress, I decided to take a moment and post a couple of recipes from this past week or so. With how much work I have had lately, it makes it hard to keep up with the blog, so it takes a back burner to my school work. I apologize about that, but I hope to get back to it once things start to slow down.

For now, here is a recipe I made the other night. It is based off of a recipe by the Neely's of the Food Network. It was really, really good. I served it with corn on the cob and potato salad.

Ingredients

  • 4 (1 1/2-inch thick) center cut bone in pork chops
  • Emeril's Essence
  • Sweet and Tangy Glaze, recipe follows

Directions

-Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.

-Season the pork chops lightly on both sides with the Seasoning Salt.

-Grill the chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Brush them with the Sweet and Tangy Glaze the last 5 minutes of grilling.

Sweet and Tangy Glaze:
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup tablespoon real maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 dash hot pepper sauce
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a small bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and refrigerate if not using immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment