Saturday, June 18, 2011

This weeks meals...

I need to post my honey mustard salmon from earlier in the week and I plan to do that tonight after dinner. Hopefully at that time I will also have two more recipes to share!

Right now I am focusing on eating out of the freezer because I really need to restock on some stuff that we always eat... but I have no room because the freezer is full of random stuff. I also want to be able to have some room to keep homemade waffles or pancakes up there as well. Right now, there just is not enough space for what I want to do. Thus, just about every meal has at least one thing that comes from the freezer.

I'm really struggling with any sort of diet right now. My dinners are not that bad though we splurge here and there (the Pot Roast for example this past week). We eat a lot of vegetables and leaner proteins (not as much red meat or ground beef). However, I almost always skip breakfast and then grab something out for lunch... even if I am home all day. I NEED TO STOP DOING THAT!

(yes, I just yelled at myself...)

So, I need to really come up with some healthy, tasty, and inexpensive breakfasts and lunches. I also need a way to have a lot of variety without spending too much money and wasting a lot of food. My biggest problem is that I get bored so easily and I flat out don't "want" what I have in the house. I need to change that and the way I look at food. So, I am going to make some rules for myself.

1) One glass of milk everyday. I know I don't get enough calcium and vitamin D.
2) One glass of no sugar added apple juice a day. This helps with some of the tummy issues I deal with due to some medications I take.
3) Out of the rest that I drink, only one serving of non-water. I am getting way too much sugar and calories in what I drink.
4) One serving of fruit everyday. If nothing else, so I don't waste as much.
5) I must eat breakfast every day even if it is just a piece of fruit.
6) I must eat lunch at home at least 4 times a week.

I am working on my grocery list for next week already so that I have time to come up with some ideas. As such, I will now be coming up with extended menu's that include what choices I have for breakfast and lunch for each week. I can also use this to see how I can use dinner leftovers to come up with new ideas and concepts (one of my favorite breakfast/lunch ideas is hash made from leftover meat and vegetables from the night before... the combinations are endless!). These menus will (hopefully) be posted weekly. The first one should shortly follow this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment